Saturday, June 15, 2013

Going to Separate Lives



I don't remember
if the mountain moon
was bright on that night.
I'm not sure whether she'd
uttered a single word. 
What I recall was that I told her
that it was not right to go on
living a chaotic married life,
because it was unfair and painful
for both of us.


Living together
but living separate lives.
I told her to go and live
the life that she desired.
And I will go on with mine.
But if, for whatever reason,
she realizes that she needs me;
if she grows weary and wishes to return.
I promised that I would wait for her
till the end of my days
in this lifetime.

 

Many years had passed
the wait is almost over.
And it's not because 
she is coming back,
but because soon I
will be gone.
 
 
 
For those who have taken birth,
death is certain. As birth is certain
for those who perished.
Oh, I am glad I didn't promise
that I'd wait forever,
Because that would imply that
I'll have to wait for her
life after life.







No comments:

Post a Comment